In this section you will find advertisements for jobs both at CHFV and with its member organisations.
Northcote Rental Housing Cooperative
Position Title Property Management Officer
Location NRHC Office, Northcote
Employment Status Ongoing (Continuing employment is subject to performance and conduct being satisfactory during the minimum employment period, defined as six months by the Fair Work Act 2009)
Working Hours EFT 0.6 (actual days and times to be agreed)
The planning, arranging and coordinating all property management activities for all properties managed by NRHC. Manage the data, reporting and performance management functions for all property management activities and functions. Effectively and positively manage relationships with a range of key stakeholders.
Northcote Rental Housing Cooperative (NRHC) is an inclusive, member-governed Cooperative that provides quality affordable homes for current and future members on low to moderate incomes. NRHC’s Vision is to be an innovative rental housing cooperative providing and promoting the model of long term, quality, affordable housing choices in response to the needs of its existing members and the community.
Our key outcomes include:
- Leading the creation of innovative solutions and housing choices to meet the needs of our members according to their varying life circumstances.
- The active participation of members in governing their Housing Cooperative.
- Opportunities for our members to realise their potential and improve their life circumstances through education, personal development and training.
- A demonstration of the benefits of Cooperative Social Housing for the broader community.
Property Management Officer
Employer: Northcote Rental Housing Co-operative
Work Type: Permanent Part time (0.6)
Location: Northcote, Victoria
Northcote Rental Housing Co-operative is an inclusive, member-governed Co-operative that provides quality affordable homes for current and future members on low to moderate incomes.
NRHC is seeking a pro-active and organised Property Management Officer that is dedicated to achieving the best outcomes for our tenant members and be responsible for the property maintenance and management of all NRHC properties. The role involves the overall maintenance planning for all property assets as well as the scheduling of major maintenance, undertaking property inspections, and property related reporting. The Property Management Officer is responsible for the ongoing coordination, planning, review and analysis of property maintenance and management, and for the supervision of all NRHC contractors and tradespeople. This is a part time (0.6) permanent role reporting to the NRHC Coordinator.
Excellent customer service skills, the ability to build effective relationships and a positive outlook will be essential to this role. You will be detailed, understanding, and able to communicate to a variety of people, including tenant members, the NRHC Board, and other service providers.
This is the perfect opportunity for passionate people who are values driven to provide first class property management services to support a successful community housing co-operative and its tenant members.
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience in managing a portfolio of properties in the public/community or private sector housing;
- High level technical aptitude and understanding in all areas of residential construction and building systems and processes. Detailed understanding of regulatory and legislative requirements, residential building compliance and safety standards;
- Experience in appointing and supervising suitably qualified and skilled maintenance contractors;
- Significant experience in a customer service role. Highly level written and oral communication skills.
A detailed Position Description is attached.
To apply, please forward your resume and cover letter addressing the key skills and experience criteria to email@example.com, using the subject line: Property Management Officer.
This opportunity is only open to candidates with appropriate legal working rights within Australia.
Applications close 5pm, Tuesday 27 June 2017
For further information, contact
Michael Havekotte, Havekotte Consulting, on 0412 299 596